Education, Training and Competency Assessment
All POCT operators take part in formal training provided by the QAAMS Management Team to learn about:
- The theory of POCT
- How to conduct POCT on clients with diabetes
- How to perform regular quality checks on the performance of the DCA Vantage device.
A training resource package is also provided, which includes a training manual and supporting posters.
The Australian Government requires all trainees to undertake written and practical competency assessment. Once this has been completed trainees receive a Certificate of Competency as a trained POCT operator. POCT must only be conducted by qualified and trained operators.
The QAAMS Program provides a variety of training opportunities for enrolled participants:
- On-site training for individual Indigenous medical services (or groups of services from a similar geographic region)
- An Annual QAAMS Training Workshop
- GoToMeeting training
- Training by videoconference
- A live web-streamed video presentation of training in conjunction with Training DVDs.